Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The Green Meal

Happy St. Patrick's Day! We celebrate by making things green around here, and that means buddying up to a bottle of green food dye. For dinner today I made:

Green beans, green vegan meatloaf on
green spinach tortilla, and green tea.

The vegan meatloaf was a base of chickpea, quinoa and oats, and also included green peas, mushrooms and some spicy mustard. I attempted adding some wasabi in there - zzzT! If you're interested in the recipe, you can find it as Vegan Quinoa Loaf on Whole Foods Market's web page.

Even the bird was green! (But Qia is green every day.) Here she sits planning her next devious move while Big Brother is watching.

Green cupcakes with green frosting and hand-dyed green sprinkles. I didn't say a word, but the cupcakes are vegan too! Still delicious and you can't tell the difference.


Thanks, Bottle of Food Dye, you made my day!

1 comment:

one•little•m said...

Fun! Cupcakes look taaasty :•)