My challenge was thus. We advertise on TheKnot.com, a website for brides and grooms to shop for vendors for their weddings. Amkar Photography has a profile on The Knot which advertises our services. To entice shoppers to choose to look at our profile amongst 20-30 other ones, we needed a visually catching and interesting image to draw people to click on us.
I loved this shot from my last engagement shoot, and I wanted to use this as the Knot profile image.
Instant solution: Digital artistry... and clothing provided by Google search. So, I searched online for the proper resolution of a white tuxedo for him and a fitting bridal gown for her, and bam:
Now it's their wedding day! Like magic. They look so nice in their Google clothing ;). The challenge here was made simpler in that I really only had shoulders and chests to clothe.Since this is a sneaky advertising measure, I decided not to share this on my Amkar blog since this couple might be a little weirded out if they saw this strange change in clothing they wouldn't have anticipated. Well, you have to do what you have to do in order to make your mark and stand out. Plus, this is an advertising measure, and I would never make such a drastic change on a client's photos which would be sent to them for personal use.
Dilly dallying boredom project graphic design knowledge attainment points for fruitful future application: 10.
1 comment:
you missed a spot...
Just kidding they look great!
Post a Comment