Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Yoga 201

So I've hit a snag trying to work on half the poses I aspired to in Yoga 101; a hamstring issue I've been advised to rest prevents me from doing poses which flex the underside of the leg. Also a back matter connected to the hamstring issue prevents me from trying to increase flexibility in my lower back. *sigh* I feel old. Anyway, the only move I could work on was this one, the Peacock Pose.



It certainly works wrist strength, holding and balancing 106 pounds on them. I included the picture-in-a-picture here to show the Padmasana leg position. I can hold it for about 3 or 4 seconds.

I also went for the extended legs. This pose is hard to do as well and requires a lot of balance. Ideally the body should be at a 180 degree angle, parallel to the floor. Welp, that's my best effort given my other ailments. Rah!


No comments: