hop is tremendous. Before the digital age of photography, artists never dreamed they could have such freedom with photos.This image was taken at my uncle's wedding in the early 1980's. These are my grandparents, Nick and Antoinette Correnti. My father's parents. Neither of them are currently living today, so this photo has special keepsake value aside from the nice photography. Obviously I didn't take this photo, but I did give it a refurbish using Photoshop.
The lighting is lovely. It's very high contrasted and captures the skin tones well with a nice rich brown background. Like a Rembrandt painting. The only thing that bothers me about it is the poor framing. The subjects shouldn't be that close to the edges of the frame. There appears to be too much space between them and too little negative space on the sides of them. The photographer should have zoomed out just a little.

Photoshop time... it was quite a challenge, but I edited this well known family photo to look more proportionate. As you can see, I've added some space to the left and right of both subjects. After having done this, the image was then in need of more space at the bottom to retain its original 8x10 dimension. Honestly, I was hesitant to mess with Grandma's outfit. Adding material that just wasn't there in the original image is kind of daunting. I was in need of extra hair and the whole lower portion of her arm. I crossed my fingers, cloned and copied the existing material, smoothed away the flaws, and wow! I impressed myself. I singlehandedly added a whole new dimension to her. I can only assume this is her proper shape. (Dad, how does it look?)
This retouch is flawless. Now it can be framed appropriately without looking like the subjects want to hide behind the wood of their picture frame.
No comments:
Post a Comment