Missy gave me this beautiful brooch as a bridesmaid gift at her wedding, and I recently felt inspired by the colors in it to create it into something more than a brooch. So I decided to add some feathers to it and make it into a feathered fancy hair piece. If there's anything we learn from 19th century fashion, it's that feathers make fashion ten times more posh.


I have been saving up some bird feathers from my Quaker parrot (and no, I have NOT been pulling them out of her!). Over the course of five months, she's had two tail feathers and two flight feathers fall out, so they have become craft materials for me. I simply super glued the quills to the back of the brooch. Her feathers have this parrot green and deep blue sheen quality that I love. I think these blues and greens look so lush and wonderful together. Rainforesty.
I envision the pairing of this piece with a deep blue dress I have, and mint green strappy heels. Outing this weekend! I love formulating new and fresh styles without having bought anything new :)
No comments:
Post a Comment