Wednesday, April 25, 2012
Whoa, Baby!
Yes, friends, you are looking at the first ever image captured of Baby Kar to-be. Some of you already know this news, but haven't yet seen this image. This ultrasound was taken at 5 weeks into development. I had no idea I could see so much at this stage! It's pretty amazing. After a collection of cells, the beginning of human life is the heartbeat, not the brain. Philosophy for thought!
I tried staving off my news until the 12 week mark when the possibility of early miscarriage minimizes, but I'm just praying this little guy or gal sticks it through. If she does, we'll be expecting a little Kar in mid-December.
And so, to list this event as a "project" for my blog, I'll have to say it's the greatest, most challenging project I'll ever be presented with in my life, and a lifelong one at that. I'm already thinking ahead to teaching my child the ways of the world, how to be imaginative, how to care for others, how to build cardboard forts and how to plan mini adventures.
In some ways I still don't feel old enough to be a parent. However, I'm realizing a productive means for my lingering childishness in relation to understanding the psyche of my own child. I actually remember why I threw temper tantrums as a kid. I remember what sparked emotions, and why I got frustrated when told what to do. So, remarkably, I can still relate if/when my kid acts up, and I can apply some creative parenting tactics.
Parenting 101: A! (hopefully). Thanks Dad for creating the imaginary Parenting 101 class. I have an "A" to aspire to!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment